Friday 14 January 2011

The story behind textures

Well after my tutor showed me how to add textures I've finally added textures to my scene. Now I originally did plan to search for them from the Internet. Then I realized that's naughty and not allowed. So I took them myself using my digital camera. Here are the textures I've used.

First the lamp itself using my very own lamp:

It's gray and made out of metal which is exactly what I need as a texture.

Next was the computer desk and naturally I've used my own computer desk which has a wooden texture.For the wall, yes you guessed it, I've used my own wall. It is painted over with blue (my favourite colour) rather than using wall paper.The last texture was tricky to get: The Moth itself. It would be extremely hard to find a Moth and take a picture of its body (and they maybe hiding for the winter). Taking a picture from a book might not have been allowed either. So instead I had to use something else and after some thinking I decided to use my face cloth.


It's the one on the far right I've used. At least it's brown...and hairy...

Also I've managed to work with the lighting and how to set the Moth on fire which means the animation is more or less finished. I should upload the video on the blog during the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment